Maploom is committed to providing a quality service for its customers and working in an open and accountable way that builds trust and respect.
One of the ways in which we can continue to improve our service is by listening and responding to the views of our customers, and in particular by responding constructively to complaints, and by putting any mistakes right.
Therefore we aim to ensure that:
- making a complaint is as easy as possible;
- we treat a complaint as a clear expression of dissatisfaction with our service which calls for an immediate response;
- we deal with it promptly, politely and, when appropriate, confidentially;
- we respond in the right way – for example, with an explanation, or an apology where we have got things wrong, or information on any action taken etc;
- we learn from complaints, use them to improve our service, and review annually our complaints policy and procedures.
Formal Complaints Procedure
Please write to us at:
While the timings are indicative and may be much quicker, you can expect your complaint to be acknowledged within 3 working days of receipt. You should get a response and an explanation within 5 working days.
Maploom’s aim is to resolve all matters as quickly as possible. However, inevitably some issues will be more complex and therefore may require longer to be fully investigated. Consequently, timescales given for handling and responding to complaints are indicative. If a matter requires more detailed investigation, you will receive an interim response describing what is being done to deal with the matter, and when a full reply can be expected and from whom.
Where appropriate Maploom is able to provide a full refund, if the complaint relates to an issue directly attributable to a problem with the Maploom platform.
However, no refunds will be provided in the case of user error in configuring the request for data, including the following circumstances:
- the area of interest drawn by the customer is incorrect
- an incorrect product was selected by the customer
- data coverage is less than you expected (you can view coverage before confirmation and you are only charged for the data you get)
- typos and mistakes on information entered by the user on the pdf outputs.
Last updated – August 2020.